Neighbourhood Events and Goings On
Events Calendar 2018
Here is a list of dates for events hosted by the RHRA. Please note times may change. Check the Regal Heights website at www.regalheights.ca closer to the dates for more events and details.
|Pub nights (bimonthly!)
NEXT PUB NIGHT is THURSDAY June 28th!
|Our ever-popular get-together, family friendly get-together at the Fox & Fiddle, 1085 St. Clair Ave. W. Get 25% off your meal! Kids welcome. Save these dates for the remainder of 2018: April 26th, June 28, Aug 23, Oct 25 and Dec 6.|
||Cesar Palacio’s Regal Heights FREE Compost Day|
||Rosemont Gardens Planting Day! Join us at 11 am to help with this year’s annuals. All volunteers are welcome!|
||First Annual Regal Heights Plant & Seed Swap Event at the Dufferin / St. Clair Library|
||RHRA General Meeting. Everyone welcome. Dufferin / St. Clair Library|
||All Candidates Debate (Davenport Riding, Provincial Election)
Oakwood Collegiate Auditorium
||Regal Road School Spring Fair!|
||Bi-Annual Regal Heights Street Sale|
||Canada Day Parade – Meet at the corner of Oakwood and St. Clair. Wear red and bring flags, banners and noisemakers!|
Notes and Links About Events in 2017
April 22: Neighbourhood clean up day and garden maintenance. Join thousands of others across the city and help clean up litter left over from the winter. We’ll provide the bags and gloves. Help keep the neighbourhood looking great. Meet at the OCI parking lot at 10 am. We also need a hand to clean up our public gardens. Bring a rake and join the fun.
May 6: Bike Maintenance Workshop. Bring your bike to the OCI parking lot at 1 pm for expert advice on how to keep your bike in top shape. Presented by MPP Cristina Martins with Cycle Toronto and the RHRA.
June 11: Neighbourhood Garden Tour, 11 am – 3 pm. We’re featuring gardens east of Oakwood this year. Enjoy a day of beautiful gardens and get inspired!
July 1: Canada Day Parade. Wear something red, encourage your children to decorate their bikes and join the family-friendly parade through the neighbourhood streets to Regal Rd. School. Starts at 10 am. Celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday!
August 19: RHRA Neighbourhood Street Party. We closed Lauder Ave. for a fun day of games, live music and a fantastic potluck dinner. It only happens every second year. Don’t miss it!
October: Regal Heights Pumpkin Carving Event (see event notes here)
November: RHRA Annual General Meeting (read the minutes from 2017 here)
December: Joint Northcliffe Village and Regal Heights Christmas Party Pub Night at the Fox and Fiddle (see event notes here)
December: Annual Neighbourhood Carol Sing (see photos here)
Past Events of Note
- The Regal Heights community recently unveiled a special plaque at the top of the Glenholme Steps, naming them the Dick Watts Steps, in memory of community activist and long-time RHRA Chairman Dick Watts.Davenport MPP Cristina Martins added her own tribute to Dick Watts on October 19, 2016 reading a member statement in the Ontario Legislature.View the tribute here
- Regal Heights Names a Lane in Honour of Clovis John Brooks
- Restored Regal Road Portico Unveiled (Dec. 7, 2006) (Additional Photo of the unveiling)
- Another Laneway in Regal Heights is renamed to honour a WW II war hero from the neighbourhood. View event notes here.
- Memorial Tree Planing Ceremony for Charles Caccia – Replanting in 2017. See event notes here.
For more information and coverage of these and other important events in the neighbourhood honoring our rich history, see our Neighbourhood Lore section.