Come celebrate the completion of “Oakwood Square”, the new outdoor plaza.
Then stroll inside through the school, transformed by student art. See the results of efforts by students, teachers and community members in helping to support a great neighbourhood school. Food and refreshments will be available FREE.
JOIN US AT “OPEN DOORS OAKWOOD”
Wednesday, May 30
6:30 PM – WELCOME
- Steve Yee, Oakwood Principal will introduce some of those who helped make “Oakwood Square” a reality and then unveil the new tables.
- The picnic tables were made by Oakwood students, who worked to age, treat, cut, plane and assemble the wood with inlaid designs resulting in these stunning creations. In keeping with good conservation, the wood used was from trees downed on TDSB properties.
- This is the celebration of Phase 1 of Oakwood’s Landscape Plan that many of you supported through your financial contributions.
6:45-8:30 PM – ART TOUR INSIDE THE SCHOOL
- School doors open and everyone is invited to see the Renaissance Exposé Art Exhibit – created by Oakwood students and installed throughout the school.
- All are welcome to wander through the school on a self-guided tour with the help of a map of the building that corresponds to street signs designed and created by students.
- Music students in small ensembles will be performing.
- Featured classrooms will be open.
- Info on the new French Immersion program will be offered.
We look forward to seeing you at this celebration and the culmination of the hard work of many members of our community.
OCI Students Prepare for the Artshow