Celebrate Mother Nature in the Regal Heights community with our first Earth Day Parade on Saturday, April 21st!
Giant puppets, marching musicians, and a family Drum Circle will unite us in our promise to protect the Earth.
Please join us right after the community clean up for this wonderful celebratory event!
April 21 Schedule:
- 10:00 am – 11:30 am – Community Clean-up (Oakwood Collegiate)
- 12:00 pm – Parade Start (Oakwood Collegiate field)
- 12:30 pm (approx.) – Drum Circle & Refreshments (Regal Road Public School field) *Please bring a reusable bottle to minimize waste.
We are looking for volunteers to make music, supervise the parade route, secure donations of refreshments, etc.
This event is being organized by Shannon Hancocks. Please contact Shannon directly for more information, to ask questions or to get involved. Shannon can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-823-2374.
EARTH DAY PUPPET BUILDING WORKSHOPS
In preparation for our Earth Day Parade, there will be a series of Trashcrafting Workshops to bring our parade puppets to life! These workshops are open to all ages. All children must be accompanied by an adult. The workshops are free, but we are requesting a small donation to help cover the cost of art supplies and space rental.
- Monday, April 2nd 2:00 – 6:00 pm at AMP Studio Cafe 154 Oakwood Ave
- Saturday, April 7th (Location and Time TBA*)
- Sunday, April 15th 2:00 – 6:00 pm at AMP Studio Cafe 154 Oakwood Ave
*If you have a space you are willing to lend us, please contact Shannon ASAP
To honour Mother Nature, we are trying to build the puppets out of previously-loved items. Do you have the following supplies that you’d be willing to donate?
- paint & brushes
- duct tape
- mop/broom handles, tent poles, bamboo garden stakes
- large sturdy pieces of cardboard
- light-weight fabric (washed sheets or curtains work)
If so, please contact Shannon or drop them off at AMP Studio Cafe. We are also looking for volunteers to help assist during the Puppet Building Workshops. If you are available, get in touch.
Looking forward to all of the ways we can honour Mother Nature together!