Take a chilly winter night. Mix in a touch of snow and some cheerful lights. Now add neighbours, bundled up against the cold, singing seasonal songs.
That’s the recipe for a decades-old neighbourhood tradition.
The tradition carried on Friday night, December 15 with the annual Regal Heights Carol Sing outside the main doors of Oakwood Collegiate.
More than 50 people turned out to sing songs, enjoy hot chocolate and candy canes, and meet Santa.
This wonderful tradition would not be possible without a lot of work from our volunteers. Thank you so much to:
- OCI Principal Steve Yee for letting us use the school
- Gord Caruk and the Salvation Army Band for the music
- Brigid Higgins, our Master of Ceremonies
- Linda DeGirogio, Florence Watts and Anita Kung for the hot chocolate
- Nick DeGiorgio for the sound system
- Robert Szarchrajuk for organizing the food and helping Santa
- Peter Norman for the publicity
- Katie Norman for the photography
- Tim Hortons for the coffee and Timbits
- Pizza Pizza for keeping the band well fed
- And everyone who helped.
Most of all, thanks to all the carollers who filled the air with lovely music!
Merry Christmas everyone!
2017 Christmas Carol Sing Event!
Thanks to Regal Heights area photographer Katie Norman for this year’s great Carol Sing photos